Body Balancing Shapeshifter Grounding Workout
1 x 27 minute video
Instant MP4 download (yours to keep and take with you everywhere. No wifi, no worries!)
Duration: 26:53 minutes
File Size: 2.04 GB
Pick me if
You want to tone and transform your body (and mind) and move through your day feeling energised, centered and strong. Whether you’re feeling a little off-centre, craving connection or going through a major transition, this grounding workout will help you find your feet and stay calm amidst the beautiful chaos we call life.
What it is
A quick 30min shot of endorphin-spiked energy, this sequence mixes targeted muscle-sculpting moves with cardio bursts and single sided balances to cultivate strength and stability of body, mind and spirit.
It challenges the stabiliser and recruitment muscles giving you a playground for poise practice. Wobbles are welcome and encouraged in this sequence. Through challenging our centre of gravity we cultivate body awareness and strength (on the mat) and instill a sense of sure footedness off the mat.
We’ll punctuate the session with pauses for inward reflection and regular referencing of lower body and feet (your foundations of support) to build the energetic charge. Ideally do this workout barefoot. You’ll gain increased sensory input from the soles of your feet and have a better sense of connection with the ground beneath you. Not to mention, of course, better balance.
The mind informs the body and the body informs the mind. Physical balance promotes emotional balance. The postures, movements and meditations in this video all conspire to bring poise, inner strength, and integration to your body and your mind and a sense of harmony to your day.
Specifically in this video you will:
- Be guided through intention setting process
- Experience stabilising dynamics in your ankles, hips, legs, core and shoulders by balancing single sides of the body (one armed and one legged postures)
- Align the left and right sides of the body and harmonise the upper and lower body
- Deepen the quality of presence and increase somatic awareness via regular meditative pauses
- Intentionally offset your centre of balance, creating unstable environments and postures to practice keeping the (inner) peace in all conditions
- Perform a powerful bioenergetic grounding technique to boost body connection
- Grow inner resources of stability, calm strength, balance, poise, presence, patience, connection, equanimity
By the end of this workout, you’ll feel more grounded, settled and connected to your body. Let’s go!